Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Anne Galloway Talk on Monday

Monday, September 25
5PM
Krannert Art Museum Auditorium
Anne Galloway

If you didn't get enough on considerations of bodies and space this past week, directly after our class on Monday the School of Art and Design Visiting Artists Series is hosting a lecture by Anne Galloway. The talk is entitled "Understanding People's Experience with Technology at Work and Play."
I'll be walking over right after class if you want to go.

On her website, she argues: "After more than a decade of personal computer and cyberspace studies, wireless, wearable, context-aware and networked technologies are challenging social and cultural researchers to take up a revitalised and critical focus on computing in everyday life. Our increasing ability to take computers from the desktop into the world-at-large is creating different associations between people, objects and places."

Even if you can't catch the lecture, her website totally roxzors!




4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Thanks so much for the kind words, but actually here are the details of my talk.

Looking forward to discussion!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Thanks so much for the kind words but here are the proper details for my talk.

Looking forward to our discussion!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Phaedra C. Pezzullo said...

Anne, I would love to hear more about your work; it sounds fascinating (thanks for the post, "mar"). I recently met two exciting and innovative young artists from Kentucky at the IU conference on Kindred Spirits that you might also enjoy. Their work explores human/animal relations:
http://www.animaglass.com

8:44 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Oops - didn't mean to repeat myself there, sorry! (It's weird to see that I can't even repeat myself in the same way only one minute later ;))

Phaedra - thank you and I hope to meet you at the lecture! Anima's work is beautifully creepy... I really like the metal cages over the glass creature's eyes in the loss series, and I do share their interest in moments of "destabilisation and puncturing".

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home